About the Program
VSNA VA/DC chapter is hosting the 43nd annual Global Basava Convention to be held July 2nd through July 4th at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, 7920 Jones Branch Dr, McLean, VA 22102 USA.
Seeking happiness through entertainment is a component of soul. Our team is working on putting together a list of programs that will have fun and entertainment factors for all age groups. We are designing an event full of activities to entertain everyone at Global Basava Convention 2020. Get ready to tap your feet and nod your head to music and dances brought to you by professional artists from across the globe.
The Entertainment Committee invites all enthusiastic and talented veerashaivas to participate in the cultural/entertainment programs at the upcoming 43rd Global Basava convention 2020 being held in McLean, Virginia.
- Each program should be submitted through a youtube link(high quality video) in its entirety for pre-screening before May 1, 2020 along with a group photo of the participants.
- The entertainment committee will try to accommodate all VSNA chapters. Please contact the committee if you need more time or special requirements. However, the committee’s decision will be final.
Please fill this form – https://forms.gle/s6dmtJUDA4ViDRBU9
and submit your program details.
If you have any questions, please contact Cultural Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) All participants must be registered for the convention.
2) A participant cannot participate in more than 2 programs on same day.
3) Performances can be songs, dances, drama or any other type of performing arts.
4) Priority will be given to programs illustrating convention theme “Happiness through Kayaka, Dasoha and Samaanathe ” and depicting Veerashiva heritage, Sharana philosophy and Vachana Sahitya.
5) Group performances with four or more performers are strongly encouraged and will be given priority.
6) Maximum allocated time for each program is as follows:
- Group performances(Dances, Songs) – 6 mins
- Drama/Skit – 20 mins
7) Performers are responsible for their own costumes, props and other requirements essential for their performance.
8) A high quality video sample of program must be submitted along with program registration, all samples must be submitted as a Youtube link.
9) Convention organizers are not liable for accident or injury of any kind during the performance.
10) Last date to submit cultural program registration is May 01, 2020.